Positions available at the Creamery
Creamery Assistant and Creamery Driver needed
Evergreen Lane Creamery (ELC) is located near the Lake Michigan shoreline in Fennville, MI. ELC is an artisan micro-dairy that produces cheeses made with both goat's and cow's milk. Goat cheese production begins in February and runs through December while cow’s milk cheese is produced throughout the year. Our creamery has been in production for 11 years and it continues to grow. We have a busy on-farm Cheese & Farm Market that hosts customers mainly during Spring, Summer, and Fall. We have a great team of dedicated, hard-working people and we are looking to add the right person as our newest team member. Our cheese is sold throughout the Midwest and is used by local restaurants and gourmet shop
CREAMERY ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
The person who fills this position will support the cheesemaker in a variety of tasks. This is a great opportunity to grow with the job and to learn all aspects of the cheese making business.
We make our cheese in small batches several days a week. Tasks surrounding that effort include cleaning and sanitizing, cheese mold washing, helping in the cheese aging room, packaging cheese, filling orders, selling cheese in the market, and generally maintaining a safe and healthy environment for cheesemaking. You'll have the opportunity to learn about different cheeses, how they are made, and enjoy tasting the cheese that we make. You must be able to lift 50+ pounds, tolerate warm, humid and cool conditions and can be on your feet for extended periods of time. Willingness to work hard, especially under seasonal fluctuations in milk production. Spring, Summer, and Fall are very busy, and Winter is less so. Work safely with chemicals used for cleaning dairy equipment. Culinary experience helpful, but not required. Please contact us for more information.
This position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $12.00 - $14.00. We will train, no experience necessary. Some flexibility with schedule.Reply to email@example.com or call (269) 543-9900.
We are looking for an individual to join our team as a driver/milk sampler . This position supports our cheesemaking staff and consists of driving to local dairy farms and collecting milk to supply our cheese plant. We use a refrigerated transfer tank on a pickup truck to collect milk from a dairy farm’s bulk milk tank, drive it to our cheese plant to deliver the milk, then clean and sanitize the transfer tank prior to using it again.
● Provide support to the cheesemaker by providing milk in a timely fashion each workday.
● Maintain accurate, detailed records: sanitation, milk receipts etc
● Maintain hygienic conditions including daily and weekly cleaning in the milk room and of the milk transfer tank.
● Gain knowledge of the Michigan Department of Agricultures regulations that govern the pick-up and distribution of milk to our cheese plant.
● Communicate effectively with our cheesemaking staff and dairy milk farmers.
● Track inventory of cleaning supplies
● Assist cheesemaker in production tasks in the creamery
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Good attention to detail and task management, especially setting priorities and multi-tasking
● Good physical condition: must be able to lift 50 pounds, be on your feet for extended periods and be able to work in both summer heat and winter cold.
● Meticulous personal hygiene and ability to maintain a clean workspace
● Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks
● Willingness to work hard, especially under seasonal fluctuations in milk production. Spring, Summer and Fall are very busy; Winter less so.
● Work safely with chemicals used for cleaning dairy equipment
● Food safety knowledge helpful but not a condition of employment on the job training available.
This position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $13.00 - $15.00. We will train, no experience necessary. Some flexibility with schedule.
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 543-9900.